Monday, September 27, 2010

HB2U Mom


My Mom would have turned 59 yesterday, 
born on September 26 1951.

She became an angel ten years ago.  Since her passing on, some years I remember ahead that the day is coming. But some years the day creeps up on me and hits me with a sad surprise.

This was one of those years.  I began to paint a new piece yesterday without any intentions or direction. I chopped up squares of paper, glued them to a wood canvas and painted it white.  Then I stared at the blank canvas for a while wondering what to paint. Before I knew it I was painting this heavenly angel, still not linking it to my Mom, or her birthday.

I decided her dress needed something more... perhaps some inspirational words. Okay then what words??? It was then it hit me - Mom's Birthday!!!  

I had a little giggle to think that it was my Mother sending me a message from above "Hello Down There... Remember Me??? It's My Birthday!!!"  

So HB2U Mom!!!  I think of you everyday, but you know me..I'm not so good with dates!!! xox

 
Thanks for taking the time 
to see what I've been up to!
:) xoxox - Kim

11 comments:

Cathy Bueti said...

Sending you a big hug today Kim . . . I know how tough these days can be. This is a beautiful post and what a sweet picture of you both!

I love your painting! And I very much believe that it was her inspiring you and sending her love!

:)

Amy said...

Kim, you are so talented. I also really enjoyed reading this blog about your mom. Maybe stars really are angels looking down on us. Have a great day :)

Mary said...

this is precious!!

chrissy said...

dearest kim...
how brave you are. and how perfect that i found your sweet blog on brave girls...your little birdie led me to you. and how perfect your angel from your mom is. what a lovely gift she sent to you. she was SO young kim. on october 3rd, my mom will have been gone for 6 years. i totally related to your post. your painting. your feelings. i am so happy to have found you and look forward to following you here.
love to you.
c

rachel awes said...

i, too, found you on brave girls.
i join the choir in sending you love on wing about your mom.
love your art!
xo

Julie Johnson said...

You brave girl...hugs to you! Love that I found you through your brave girls birdy. This angel is precious. I have two moms up there with yours....some days are pretty tough.
julie

Unknown said...

Sending you love my friend!!! I love, love, love this painting!!!She's reminding you of all you can do and be!!!

XOXO~ Your friend who misses having you close by!

Anonymous said...

Wow this really moved me. I love the painting aswell as the precious photograph. What a beautiful way to remember our angels that are with us always.
Miss you matey. See you soon.
XOXO Dawn

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Ah what a precious painting! I am so glad I popped over to visit you after seeing your "little birdie" creation on the Brave Girls link. My momma died at an early age too, so I understand how beautiful your words are on your angel here. It's such a beautiful thought to think that the stars are really our momma angels looking down on us. And yours really did send you a message. Beautiful creation.

It's so nice to meet you!
Lee Ann

michelle allen said...

very sweet. i'm sure she LOVED that beautiful painting too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that painting!!!!!! I lost my mother two years ago. My thoughts are with you.