Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Buying Handmade in Central Florida

 
For those of you who have ventured into Artistree Co-op, you know this to be an eclectic charming shop tucked within the heart of College Park.


For those of you who live farther than yonder, I will give you a little scoop of what you are missing. Located in a tiny suburb of Orlando, FL, Artistree Co-op features the handmade goods of many local Central Florida Artists.  You'll find pottery, paintings, jewelry, clothing, glassware, knits, skincare, candles and dare I say it... much much more!  There's even a children's section and a place for  the kiddies to color and play.

Being a Co-op, each artist volunteers their time and effort to ensure the co-op runs smoothly.  As my contribution to the co-op I work in the shoppe on Sundays.  Although it's hardly work at all, I love meeting and greeting all those who curiously wonder in.  I often bring something to work on while I am in the shop, which sometimes wows the customers to think they are meeting a real life artist at task.
 

Artistree Co-op hosts several art events through out the year, Spring Into Handmade, Fall In Love With Handmade and Go Green,and is home to the College Park Farmers Market every Thursday.   This year's annual Fall In Love With Handmade is scheduled on October 16.(mark you calendars, details will follow)  We welcome you to come out and enjoy what will hopefully be a beautiful crisp autumn day.
You won't go hungry while you shop as the co-op shares space with Infusion Tea, a vegetarian tea house cafe of sorts.  Infusion offers teas from around the world and serves some of the most delicious bites in town.  Just like off the set of FRIENDS, there's a cushy couch, chair and coffee table for all your pals to catch up on the latest. 
Above is my little nook in the store,updated with my latest works of art.  I am getting very excited for the holidays as our shoppe fills with sleigh loads of tempting treasures.
Thanks for taking the Artistree Tour with me.  I hope that you do come in if you are nearby.  Please visit the shop website and blog, which frequently features the co-op artists.
As AlWaYs...Thanks for taking the time to see what I've been up too! xoxo ~ Kim

1 comment:

Kelly Berkey said...

thanks for sharing kim! i could live there, what a treasure. co-ops are the best:-)